OCS - FACILITIES SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 1015.07-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: FACILITIES SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR
1. High school graduate or G.E.D.
2. Must have a valid Kentucky Electrician’s License
3. Electrical Journeyman level experience and advanced training in electrical theory and systems.
4. Basic understanding of data networking, cabling and connectivity, desktop PCs/Server hardware (for the ability to configure systems software & equipment) is preferred.
5. At least three (3) years of related work experience with commercial low voltage systems such as fire alarm, access control, video surveillance, call button communications, professional audio/video, etc.
6. Must have good verbal and written communication skills and provide quality customer service.
7. Ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude.
8. Oldham County Schools is a drug & alcohol free work place. The candidate must be capable of successfully passing a drug and alcohol screening prior to employment.
9. Able to push, pull and lift 45 lbs. and bend at the waist, kneel and lift hands over head.
10. Able to climb ladders and work in high places, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. Position may also require work in confined spaces and exposure to different types of outdoor weather conditions. Risk of electrical shock and/or general hazards found in a construction environment are present.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
12. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
DESIRED CERTIFICATION / PRODUCT EXPERIENCE: Genetec, Axis, HID, Mercury
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities Management
JOB GOAL: To provide technical and electrical support of building systems integration, including security energy management, and alarm systems. To diagnose root causes and provide resolution and preventive maintenance of multiple building systems.
1. Installs, programs, tests, repairs, and services the electronic security solutions and equipment including: magnetic locks, electric strikes, electrified handle sets, electric hinges, access card readers, motion sensors, request to exit (REX) buttons, power supplies, wireless controllers/readers, door controllers, cameras and low-voltage wiring.
2. Run low voltage cabling, which can include drilling, trenching or aerial runs.
3. Assist Locksmith with installation, tests, repairs and services of door hardware to ensure proper function.
4. Collaborate with Board Electrician to install all wiring, circuits and pathways in accordance with the NEC.
5. Develops and maintains appropriate security program training, system settings and design standards.
6. Consults with technical support to resolve problems in system operation, maintenance, and warranty work.
7. Problem solving including debugging and resolving low voltage electrical, cable, computer hardware and software issues.
8. Works closely with the Access/Energy Manager and Maintenance Technicians and assists in the continuous improvement of student, staff and asset security.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Facility Management.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be based on 260 contract days on the CJ- Category I approved salary schedule for maintenance staff.
Adopted: November 26, 2018