JobID 18054 : Intervention Tutor - Part-time (#1258142)
Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools is looking for a part-time Intervention Tutor. Applicants must hold a valid teaching certificate and be willing to work 15 to 20 hours a week, this position pays $20.00 per hour.
Building Principal and Title I Facilitator
Job Purpose and Focus
To provide small group or one-one intentional instruction in a tiered intervention program for students at risk of not meeting grade level expectations. Coordinate with Title I facilitator to help plan and implement grant-funded programs.
Essential Qualifications and Requirements
- Valid teaching certificate
- Meets state’s definition of “Highly Qualified”
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrates human relations skills and establishes positive relationships with students and staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, staff, administration, and parents
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding student and school issues
- Possession of excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage students in a positive and supportive manner
- Ability to collaborate with other Title 1 or school staff
- Ability to take direction from Title 1 Facilitator and administration
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks, while maintaining the integrity of the assignment
- LLI/ELI/Everyday Math training preferred
- Ability to keep organized and accurate records
- Strong understanding of the components of literacy including comprehension strategies, phonemic awareness and fluency and/or the components of Everyday Math and general math concepts.
- General knowledge of procedures to follow in the event of an emergency
- Experience working with children
- Good physical and emotional health
- Work with students at risk of not meeting grade level expectations
- Provide 1-1 and/or small group instruction
- Assess students and determine next steps
- Keep accurate records
- Plan and prepare materials for grant-funded programs
- Communicate with staff and parents
- Provide outstanding customer service, and use positive interpersonal communicational skills.
- Ensure compliance with Board rules and applicable federal laws and regulations
- Attend appropriate meetings and professional development training as requested in accordance with district procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Wages which are determined by the Board of Education will be twenty ($20) per hour. The hours will be between fifteen and twenty hours a week.
Must be able to use a variety of equipment such as computers, copiers, calculators, etc. Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Personnel. Criteria for performance include but are not limited to:
- Attendance record
- Data utilization
- Human interactions
- Participation in specific training or workshop opportunities
- Demonstration of interpersonal, time, conflict, and stress management skills
- Ability to serve as an effective team member
- Ability to follow directions of certified staff
- Production and efficiency related to job duties
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
All descriptions reflect essential functions and basic duties. Peripheral tasks have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities are the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate, in keeping with collective bargaining agreements and law.
Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.