School Nurse - Substitute
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a Registered Nurse and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Health Care Management
- Follows the policies and procedures of the school health care program.
- Skillfully performs the duties of the school nurse.
- Establishes and maintains a healthy school environment.
- Appropriately uses health assessment activities.
- Helps provide health education, both formal and informal, to students, staff and parents.
- Provides health counseling and wellness programs for school staff.
- Acts as a liaison between home, school and community, working to assure that students are in school, ready and able to learn to their potential.
- Connects community health resources to students, families and staff as needed.
- Shows evidence of professional growth.
- Communicates effectively.
- Is receptive to new approaches and various points of view.
- Maintains professional behavior.
- Shows respect, concern , and warmth to children and adults.
- Complies with administrative policies within the department, school and district.
Other duties may be assigned.
Apply Online Only - Attach all documents to be considered to this online application