Job | Posted 2 years ago
- Advises students and other passengers of appropriate behavior for the purpose of reinforcing established guidelines and maintaining passenger safety.
- Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential emergency situations (e.g. road hazards, medical emergencies, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of resolving and/or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans assigned vehicles, both interior and exterior, for the purpose of ensuring safety, appearance, and sanitation of vehicle.
- Conducts emergency evacuation drills at least twice a year for the purpose of ensuring efficiency of procedures and complying with mandated requirements.
- Drives school bus/s for the purpose of transporting passengers over scheduled routes to and from school and/or field trips in a safe and timely manner.
- Fuels assigned vehicle (e.g. oil, water, fuel, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
- Informs other school personnel and parents of events, policies and/or practices (e.g. scheduled stops, established routes, route conditions, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or clarification of procedures.
- Monitors students and other passengers during transit for the purpose of ensuring the safe transportation of all passengers.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying with mandated guidelines.
- Prepares reports (e.g. field trips reports, incident reports, inspections records, passenger misconduct, mileage logs, student counts, routing information, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Reports observations and/or incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel for their action.
- Responds to inquiries from students, parents, and/or staff for the purpose of providing the necessary information regarding transportation services.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
Marlboro County Schools
122 Broad Street Post Ofice Box 947, Bennettsville, SC 29512
At the following locations
951 Fayetteville Avenue , Bennettsville, SC 29512
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,316
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.20
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 766