Job | Posted 7 months ago
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students and parents.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Differentiates instruction to address the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Assists in identifying the needs and strengths of struggling students, initiates and implements classroom interventions, and refers students that may have learning difficulties.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service activities as directed.
- Actively participates in professional learning communities and collaborates with colleagues.
- Uses feedback as an opportunity to reflect and maintain an attitude of growth.
- Employs research-based best practices.
- Analyzes data to drive instructional practices.
- Participates in continuing education programs to fulfill certification requirements.
- Serves on staff committees as required.
- Maintains professional relationships with students and faculty; follows ethics of the teaching profession, and promotes the welfare of students at all times.
- Supervises students and assumes other supervisory duties as assigned by building principal.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal (or his/her designee), Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
Marlboro County Schools
122 Broad Street Post Ofice Box 947, Bennettsville, SC 29512
At the following locations
Bennettsville Intermediate School
701 Cheraw Street , Bennettsville, SC 29512
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,316
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.20
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 766