Title I Tutor
There is a Title I Tutor position open at the Richland County Juvenile Detention Center. The successful candidate(s) will be teaching
Reading, Language Arts, and/or Math for grades 7 through 12. The work schedule for this position is during the hours of
7:30 AM – 2:30 PM for a maximum of 29.5 hours per week.
Applicants for this position must have a valid Ohio Certificate/License in the area as required by the ODE.
- Accredited college/university degree.
- Valid Ohio Certification for grades 7-12 or a K-12 Reading endorsement (substitute certification not accepted)
- Highly Qualified Teacher status for subject(s) taught (Reading, Language Arts, Math).
Directly Responsible to: The program coordinator.
- Need to complete the Academic Improvement Plans.
- Strive to implement, by instruction and evaluation, the school district’s philosophy of education, goals, and objectives.
- General knowledge of standards based curriculum.
- Employ a variety of instructional methods consistent with the course content and the needs and capabilities of the students involved.
- Maintain accurate records of student academic progress and attendance and be ready to submit these upon request.
- Recognize the need to provide individual instruction.
- Counsel individual students regarding their educational progress.
- Complete correctly and punctually all forms needed by the coordinator and administration for reporting purposes and program planning.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information about students and parents.
- Prepare tutorial lesson plans.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as may be assigned by the program coordinator.
The successful applicant will be paid the tutor rate and there are no benefits.