Hiring now for Spotlight Performance Team Director!
The Dance Instructor is responsible for planning and implementing dance skills and routines that are age appropriate and within the capabilities of the children. The Instructor is responsible for the essential functions as outlined below. This is a part-time position with hours possibly scheduled seven days per week. The Dance Instructor is under the direction and supervision of the Recreation Manager. This is an at-will position. $15.00-$18.00/hour, based on qualifications
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess knowledge and experience of all skills being taught in Hip Hop, Tap, Jazz, and Ballet.
- Must be able to perform accurately and safely all skills being demonstrated.
- Must be enthusiastic and patient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
- Must have at least three (3) years of dance instruction experience in tap, jazz and ballet.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and able to tavel to and from performance venues.
- Must be CPR certified within six (6) months of hiring.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Employee will arrive at least 10 minutes before scheduled class time to be prepared when the children arrive.
- Employee will prepare and implement appropriate skills and dance recital routines.
- Employee will develop and maintain a positive relationship with the parents/guardians.
- Employee will decide on the music, costumes and accessories for their Performance/Dance Recital routines.
- Employee will be responsible to find 2-3 performance locations for the dancers.
- Employee must be available for the Summer Celebration Parade in July.
- Employee must be present at both the dress rehearsal and annual dance recital to aid in all production aspects of the show.
- Employee must attend all recital meetings, to include parent meetings and staff meetings.
- Employee will submit all information to the Recreation Manager in a timely manner.
- Employee will keep the work area/room neat, clean and orderly.
- Employee will communicate and cooperate with the Streamwood Park District staff.
- Employee will wear appropriate clothing at all times.
- Employee will be fair and consistent in maintaining discipline.
- Employee will allow significant time for the Recreation Manager/Registration to call participants when cancelling a class; if significant time is not allowed, instructor must make the calls.
- Employee will take attendance at the beginning of every class.
- Employee must let the Recreation Manager know if a participant is attending class, but is not registered.
- Employee must distribute Program Evaluation Forms to parents after each session.
- Employee must distribute Dance Parent Handbooks to participants at the beginning of each session.
- Employee will stay until all children have been picked up by a parent/ guardian.
Target Hiring Range: $15.00-$18.00/hr - Based on Qualifications
If interested, please apply early. Recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately.
The Streamwood Park District is an equal opportunity employer.