JobID 318 : Substitute Food Service Aide (#1248165)
JOIN OUR TEAM AS ASUBSTITUTE FOOD SERVICE AIDE!
SOS Group collaborates with schools to create innovative solutions, implemented with pride, passion, and knowledge to improve the student experience every day and we’re looking for individuals to join our team! Learn more at www.sosgroupinc.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation, recording, and maintenance of all items required to set up, serve, cashier and clean up student meals.
- Prepares according to kitchen standards cold sandwiches, fruits, vegetables, and any menu item as directed for daily use
- Serves meals on line during lunch shift as directed
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area, including work areas, cafeteria tables, chairs, and floors.
- Record and cashier student meals or a la carte items as needed.
- Meets NSLP Professional Standards Training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the site supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively, both orally and in writing, with the administrative staff, professional and support staff, students, parents, and community.
- Knowledge of proper methods of preparing, handling, and storing of food in quantity and quality.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to complete necessary work physically and cognitively
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with daily routines.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others
High School Diploma or GED
Previous experience or knowledge of food preparation and handling is desired.
This position requires:
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license,
- Medical examination/Tuberculosis test as per Pennsylvania law,
- Act 114 - FBI Clearance http://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm
- Act 34 – Pennsylvania State Police "Request for Criminal Record Check" https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Act 151 - Childline Clearance https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
CONTINUOUS TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Meet annual NSLP Professional Standards Training requirements
Information listed above is subject to change.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the primary duties and responsibilities of the job.