Noon Duty Assistant
JOB TITLE: Noon Duty Assistant
(1 position available)
JOB SITES: Crittenden Middle School
WORK DAYS: 2019-20 school year (10-month employee)
2 hours per day; 8 hours/per week
7:30–8:00am; 12:10-1:00pm; 2:50-3:30pm
RATE OF PAY: $17.23/hour - $23.09/hour (New employees to the District, no higher than Step 6 $21.99/hour)
Under supervision of the site principal, to provide safe and constant lunchroom and playground supervision of students during recess periods and at other times as assigned by the site principal.
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Previous experience working with children is preferred.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities
• Be aware of and implement all site playground rules and regulations.
• Be aware of and enforce school safety standards at all times.
• Provide supervision of student in buildings or other school areas and school related activities as directed by the principal (i.e., hall duty, at assemblies, in lunch and playground areas, or with school buses as required).
• Supervise and monitor students during assigned playground supervision periods.
• Insures students are orderly and acting appropriately.
• Interacts with students to maintain order and provide assistance when needed.
• Assisting students in cleaning up after themselves (spills, wiping tables, disposing of trash, etc)
• Directs movement of students to and from playground, lunchroom and classrooms in a safe and organized manner.
• Assess playground for security and conditions of equipment and reports concerns to principal.
• Perform other work as assigned.
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time; ability to sit, bend, kneel, perform grasping and handling motions and torso rotations on a continuous basis, lift, carry or move up to 25 lbs., ability to reach in all directions; adequate sight or corrected vision to read printed directions or instructions; hear and speak to communicate with co-workers, students and the public; dexterity of the hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
Supervised by: Site or Department Administrator
Evaluated by: Site or Department Administrator