Title: School Bus Driver
Under the general supervision of the Transportation Supervisor, to ensure the safe transportation of students, staff, and others to and from school, residential neighborhoods, activities and field trips.
Title: Bus Driver
Qualifications: 1. Experience with driving a bus
2. CDL license
3. Ability to pass KDOT physical examination
4. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Reports To: Transportation Supervisor
Job Goal: To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curriculum and extracurricular program.
- Obeys all traffic laws.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
- Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keeps assigned bus clean.
- Keeps to assigned schedule.
- Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
- Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness
- Discharges students only at authorized stops.
- Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips
- Transports only authorized students.
- Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Successful prior experience working as a bus driver, preferably in a school district or transporting children.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt