In School Suspension Aide
Job | Posted 6 days ago
Working Hours: 40 hours a week with a 30 minute unpaid lunch
Primary Purpose:Supervise students assigned to in-school suspension (ISS) for disciplinary reasons. Maintain a highly structured and orderly environment. Work under the general supervision of the principal or designee and immediate direction of a certified teacher on a daily basis.
High school diploma or GED
Texas Instructional Aide Certificate
Ability to work well with children and teachers effectively
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to use personal computer
Minimimum one year experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with certified teacher and campus administrators to create and maintain an orderly and highly structured classroom environment.
- Work with individual students to complete assignments given by classroom teacher.
- Distribute, collect, and check student assignments for accuracy.
- Maintain individual files of completed student assignments and return to classroom teachers.
- Manage student behavior according to board policies, administrative regulations, and Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Record student attendance and discipline referrals using personal computer when needed.
- Supervise students assigned to ISS during lunch and bathroom breaks.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Maintain sign-in log in ISS room.
- Be punctual in all areas.
- Be a positive role model for all students and maintain a positive attitude.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Equipment Used:Copier and personal computer.
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting.
1520 Everman Parkway , Fort Worth, TX 76140
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558