JobID 230 : KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM TEACHER (#1242251)
Job | Posted 10 months ago
KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM TEACHER
1. Certification as a general elementary teacher K-3.
2. A Bachelor's Degree.
3. At least two years' successful full-time elementary classroom teaching experience in grades K-3.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To create a flexible kindergarten program in accordance with the needs and abilities of the individual child; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for lower elementary grade education; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
1. Implement a learning environment in the classroom which emphasizes the discovery approach to learning through the use of learning centers, skills groups, and units of study, utilizing the skills identified in Mississippi Curriculum Structure.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
3. Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
5. Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
6. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil's progress and interpret the school program.
7. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
8. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
9. Maintain professional competence through inservice education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
10. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
11. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
12. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
13. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
14. Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
McComb School District
695 Minnesota Ave., McComb, MS 39648
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,093 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.14
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 429