English Language Learners--Bilingual Instructional Aide
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 1142.01-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER PROGRAM BILINGUAL INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT
High school diploma + 48 hours college credit OR pass KY Para-educator exam
Ability to work with children.
Some group experience with children.
Demonstrated fluency and proficiency speaking and writing in one or more secondary languages.
REPORTS TO: ELL Program Director
1. Works directly with the ELL program teachers and follows the instructional plan outlined through consultation with those teachers.
2. Translates correspondence and documents to support ELL program students and families.
3. Serves as interpreter/translator for PSP and other meetings as assigned by the ELL director.
4. Collaborates with ELL and classroom teachers concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
5. Complies with all Federal and State program guidelines.
6. Prepares, organizes and provides resource classroom remediation activities to individual or small groups of students, reinforcing and implementing instruction as directed by the ELL teacher.
7. Maintains accurate records of student progress and test scores.
8. Maintains a lesson plan book.
9. Performs necessary medically-related services for students who have been determined by their physician to need such services, upon written delegation of the responsibilities and proper training by the District Nurse.
10. Assists in the administration, scoring and recording of ELL assessments.
11. Performs routine clerical duties, such as: prepare instructional and classroom materials; operate copy machines; maintain classroom records; maintain attendance records.
12. Assists students by providing proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
13. Contacts parents of students who are absent; makes home visits as necessary.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the ELL Program Director.