Special Education Teacher (5th Grade) Maternity Leave
Special Education Teacher (Intermediate Grades)
Sunset Ridge SD29 is now accepting applications for a Special Education Teacher to cover a 12 week maternity leave projected to begin January 11, 2021. The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
· Utilizing research-based, best practices interventions, programs, and strategies to provide an appropriate educational program for
· Using data-driven decision making to monitor student performance and make instructional/behavioral decisions.
· Employing appropriate student behavior supports and participating in the development and implementation of behavior intervention
· Assessing student growth through progress monitoring to ensure student academic progress.
· Developing Individualized Education Plans including goals and benchmarks utilizing the present levels of student performance.
· Collaborating with other district personnel in the implementation of student's Individualized Education Plans.
· Supervising teaching assistants in the implementation of Individualized Education Plans.
· Collaborating and communicating with parents.
Qualified applicants must hold a valid Illinois LBSI certificate and have demonstrated competency in addressing the academic and behavioral needs of students. Interested candidates should complete the on-line application or contact Emily Dunham, Director of Student Services, at email@example.com.