Substitute Instructional Aide
Under direction of the building principal and classroom teachers, assist--in the absence of regularly assigned paraprofessionals--with the instruction and daily activities of students with special needs.
- Proper English usage, grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation, and basic math;
- Techniques and practices used to address the educational and emotional needs of regular program and special education students;
- Understand, carry out,and communicate oral and written directions;
- Respond to the needs of students with learning and behavioral difficulties;
- Be flexible and receptive to change.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma
- Under direction of the classroom teacher, assist in classroom instruction, learning activities, and skills practice in order to provide an effective and appropriate educational program for assigned students;
- Compile accurate records and other required data as directed by the classroom teacher;
- Maintain as fully as possible the established routines and procedures (including classroom management techniques) for the classrooms to which assigned.
- Accompany students to other classrooms, to lunch, and to recess, as assigned;
- Maintain strict student and parent confidentiality;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.