JobID 1846 : SCHOOL NUTRITION FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT – PRN (#1223048)
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 1019.03-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: SCHOOL NUTRITION FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT – PRN (As Needed)
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Preferred background in institution food service.
3. Demonstrated aptitude, competence or training for the assigned responsibilities.
4. Must successfully complete the state training curriculum before becoming permanently employed.
REPORTS TO: Cafeteria Manager; Director of School Nutrition
JOB GOAL: To assist in the implementation of assigned school meal program.
- Performing duties for food preparation as required by Cafeteria Manager.
- Maintains Sanitation standard for school nutrition area.
- Maintains required forms and records as assigned by manager.
- Maintains positive work habits.
- Performs duties involved in the safe preparation and handling of food, cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities.
- Willingness to work in any situation and maintain a positive attitude with co-workers, school staff and most importantly with students/parents.
- Maintains and/or upgrades all skills; use of equipment, multi-tasking and safety procedures.
- Perform cashiering duties.
- Other duties as assigned to assure a high quality lunch program.
1. Push, pull, carry and lift large and heavy items up to 40 pounds.
2. Ability to bend, twist, reach, stoop and climb.
3. Stand for long periods of time and perform physical labor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be based on the number of days or hours worked on a 175 day contract on the board-approved Substitute Cook salary schedule.
Adopted: October 29, 2018