Resource Instructional Assistant - Amy Beverland
RESOURCE INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT
1. Administers, scores, and records such achievement and diagnostic tests as the teacher recommends for individual students.
2. Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
3. Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
4. Checks notebooks, corrects papers, and supervises testing and makeup work, as assigned by the teacher.
5. Assists with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, and story telling.
6. Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
7. Alerts the regular teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
8. Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
9. Participates in in-service training programs, as assigned.
10. Participates in daily and long-range lesson and classroom activity planning.
11. Guides children in working and playing harmoniously with other children.
12. Provides escort and assistance to children as necessary.
13. Assists teacher in maintaining neat work and study areas.
14. Assists with the supervision of children during regular play periods.
15. Collects and displays suitable material for educational displays.
16. Collects and records collection of money if needed.
17. Assists with lunch, snack, and cleanup routines.
18. Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
19. Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
20. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the principal may assign.