JobID 11297 : Part-Time Van Driver (#1218071)
Position: Part-Time Van Driver
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, Up to 6 hours/day and 30 hours/week during the regular school year
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: Per Custodian/Driver Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
Benefits: Benefits available per the Local 70 labor agreement which can be found online at: https://www.isd622.org/Page/310
Date Closing: Until Filled
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED and solid work history
- Licensure: Class D license
- Ability to pass pre-employment, random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol tests consistent with state and federal law
- General knowledge of school district operations, expectations, policies processes and procedures, and general knowledge of the transportation of students
- Ability to assist students with patience and understanding
- Maintains good hygiene with neat and clean appearance a
- Good attendance
- Work collaboratively in diverse environment with people of all ages including students with high level of integrity along with building effective working relationships with school officials, associates, students and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated positive attitude towards people with whom one works, ability to work cooperatively and willingness to accept instructions and training.
- Basic working knowledge of personal computers and office machinery
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Ability to perform light maintenance
- Transport students to and from school
- Operate school bus in a safe manner under a variety of weather and traffic conditions
- Train and assist students in bus evacuations during drills and emergency situations
- Complete and maintain the requirements necessary to hold and operate a Type III School Bus (Van)
- Responsible for making sure the bus is safe to drive; accordingly, pre-trips vehicle in accordance with all applicable federal laws, district policies and state statutes
- Draw up and maintain a legible route map
- Complete a variety of forms, such as: rider attendance forms, trip tickets, pre-trip log, fuel and oil log, bus maintenance forms, stop arm violation forms, disciplinary forms, injury reports and accident reports, etc.
- Add various fluids and safety items to the bus as needed
- Maintain an exemplary driving record both on and off the job
- Report any unsafe route conditions and recommend changes to the route
- Monitor student behavior and determine appropriate discipline
- Assist special needs students on and off the bus
- Be aware of mental, physical, behavioral, and health conditions of students with a wide range of needs
- Maintain a good working relationship with parents and school district personnel
- Must attend all mandatory safety meetings and driver training, to include defensive driving, student management, First Aid training, and all other applicable training
- Knowledge of, and trained in, the use of school bus safety equipment, two-way radio, emergency reflectors, and fire extinguishers
- Clean the bus, including sweeping, removing trash, washing seats and windows, etc.