Science Teacher - Biology
Must hold a certificate issued by any agency.
The certificate position area must be in Biology/Life Science.
The certificate status must be active or about to graduate from a state-approved teacher preparation program. Expired certifications will be considered.
CHANDLER PARK ACADEMY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Position: High School Biology
Posting: August 29, 2018
- The Science Teacher will provide direct instruction and intervention to students. The Teacher will assist students in meeting the essential skills required in the core content subject(s). He/She will teach, tutor and use technological interventions to improve achievement. In addition, the Science Teacher will encourage students to set and maintain high standards of responsibility for their learning and behavior.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Meet State of Michigan requirements for teacher certification in the required subject area(s) and grade level(s)
- Demonstrate competency as defined by the state, in each core academic subject(s) you teach.
- Exceptional skill in planning, delivering and assessing student learning.
- Exceptional knowledge in research based instructional strategies and ability to implement them effectively.
- Knowledge in the use of technology to support instruction.
- Ascribe to the philosophy that all children can succeed and demonstrates the commitment to do what is necessary to make this a reality.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively deliver instruction and content standards as identified by the State of Michigan and the district to help students meet and/or exceed minimum proficiency standards.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Michigan Science Standards and in aligning the same with the district’s content curriculum.
- Prepare for assigned classes, and show preparation upon request by school administration.
- Employ a variety of research-based instructional strategies and instructional media consistent with the capabilities, needs and physical limitations of students.
- Evaluate students’ progress on a regular basis and, when necessary, refer students who need assistance.
- Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the Academy’s philosophy, instructional goals and objectives of education.
- Participate in on-going professional development.
- Maintain appropriate administrative records according to district policy.
- Consistently support and uphold school policies and procedures. Support the school and its leadership.
- Model self-discipline and ethical behavior. Present self in a professional manner through appropriate dress, communication techniques and demeanor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Principal or designee.
Qualified candidates willing to accept the duties and responsibilities of Biology Teacher outlined in this posting should submit a letter of interest listing qualifications and a current resume to Education Enrichment Services. All documents should be sent in care of Human Resources to the following address.
Education Enrichment Services
19236 West Eleven Mile Road
Lathrup Village, Michigan 48076