Instructional Paraprofessional - ELL
Summary Performs any combination of following instructional and student support tasks in classroom or on campus to assist teaching staff of public elementary or secondary school by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Discuss and coordinate instructional efforts with classroom teacher.
- Sets up classroom for incoming classes.
- Assists in preparing various teaching aids such as bibliographies, charts, and graphs.
- Assists in preparing examinations.
- Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Provides behavioral and physical support to disabled students
- Lifting from wheel chair, assistance with toileting, walking, therapies, speech and implementing other provisions of the IEP.
- Provide assistance during transportation.
- Supervises children on playground during recess and chaperones field trips, or during other times as assigned during the school day.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience (Mandatory 7/1/05)
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent (60 college credit hours) from two-year College or passing score on a paraprofessional assessment. Six months to one year related experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have and maintain current CPR, CPI, and First Aid Certifications
Other Skills and Abilities Bilingual helpful
Working Environment The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands; the employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Terms of Employment
- Salary based on column D of the approved Classified Salary schedule as established by the Governing Board.
- 182 work days, 7.5 hours per day.
- Full Benefits as assigned for the position.
- Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella Immunity/Vaccination
- Valid I-9 form
The Florence Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission or access to or treatment or employment in its policies, procedures or practices, in compliance with Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Florence Unified School District Career and Technical Education Department does not discriminate in enrollment or access to any of the programs available Accounting, Audio/Visual, Bio Science, Business Management, Business Operations, Construction, Culinary Arts, Education Professions, Fire Science, Hospitality Management, Law Enforcement, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, and Veterinary Assistant. The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the district’s activities and programs. The Florence Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator(s). Tony Jimenez, Title IX Coordinator, Florence Unified School District-1000 South Main, Florence, Arizona. (520)-866-3560 or Diane Elias, 504 Coordinator, 1000 South Main, Florence High School-1000 South Main Street, Florence, Arizona. (520) 866-3560.