Boy's Basketball Coach
Parkwood Middle School is looking for a boy's basketball coach who can instruct players at practice and during games. He or she is also responsible for working with the Athletic Director on athletic paperwork and transportation to and from basketball games. In addition to basketball knowledge, the ideal candidate will have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knows and understands the basketball league rule book and any changes that are made.
- Studies the skills and abilities of the players on the team and puts each player in the most suitable position.
- Works as a teacher when coaching a middle school team.
- Devises drills and practice exercises that will adequately prepare players for each game.
- Teaches players the rules of the game and works with individual players to hone their particular skills and eliminate bad habits.
- Completes any paperwork required for the job especially in a public school setting.
- Participates in fundraising events and activities when coaching a college team.
- Understand the fundamentals of the game of basketball.
- Have the ability to motivate players to reach their potential.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to effectively handle stress and keep the temper in check.
- Be detailed-oriented.