Title 1 Paraprofessional
Job | Posted 2 months ago
- TITLE: Title 1 Paraprofessional
- Minimum of two years of college or 32 college credits or pass the PARA Pro exam.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge and skill in the teaching and use of math and reading including the ability to pronounce vowels, consonants, phrases, and words in a phonetically correct manner.
- Ability to administer standardized and other diagnostic tests.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.
- Ability to work with staff, students, and the public.
- Computer knowledge and experience with word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, etc.
- Previous experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- REPORTS TO: Building Administrator.
- NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
To assist selected students improve their reading and math skills to enable them to reach their full potential.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers reading and math tests to identify the level of student achievement.
- Works with the classroom teacher and Building Administrator to determine the instructional needs of each Title I student.
- Works with small groups of students and with individual students in reading and math.
- Maintains student files as requested and required by the needs of federal, state and local guidelines to track student progress.
- Attends in-service classes, building meetings, monthly program meetings and district meetings.
- Operates equipment (i.e. tape recorders, VCR’s, overhead projectors and copy machines).
- Assists students on arrival and departure from tutoring area.
- Designs tutoring schedule for working with Title I students.
- Orders materials and supplies through the Building Administrator.
- Communicates with parents and families as directed by teacher or administrator.
- Maintains accurate records to assist in compiling data for a variety of reports required by state and federal agencies.
- Participates in the school as a regular part of the staff and accepts supervision and other duties as requested.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is an “at will” position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. The “employment at will” policy cannot be changed verbally or in writing, unless the change is specifically authorized in writing and expressly approved by the Board of Trustees of Jefferson School District 251.
Jefferson County Joint SD 251
201 Idaho Avenue , Rigby, ID 83442
At the following locations
Various Locations in the District
3850 E 300 N , Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,469
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.67
% IEP Students
State Average: 10%
State Average: 163