JobID 375 : Part Time Bus Driver (#1150522)
The Dunklin R-5 School District is seeking individuals looking for part time hours.
Class B CDL is required: will train.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Transport students of all ages to and from school and extra-curricular activities in a safe and timely manner.
2. Follow bus routes as written and approved by the Director of Transportation.
3. Manage student behavior and maintain discipline on the bus.
4. Keep two-way radio on at all times that the bus is in operation.
5. Assist administrative personnel, teachers, and parents in promoting a positive relationship between the school, students, and parents.
6. Conduct and log pre-trip inspections to check for cleanliness, safety, proper mechanical functions and adequate fuel level.
7. Conduct trip inspections after each run to check for vandalism, cleanliness, lost articles and sleeping children.
8. Report mechanical problems to mechanics or director of transportation.
9. Observe rules, regulations and responsibilities affecting bus drivers contained in board policies and transportation handbook.
10. Conduct safety inspections of the bus as defined by the transportation handbook and the director of transportation.
11. Attend meetings in accordance with departmental requirements.
12. Complete all required forms completely and promptly.
13. Enforce transportation handbook rules and Board of Education policies for safe bus riding.
14. Report any traffic violations observed to the transportation director.
15. Report changes in route conditions to the transportation director as soon as possible.
16. Maintain a good record of attendance.
17. Maintain the confidentiality of students’ discipline and medical records.
18. Keep the bus clean.
19. Comply with all Dunklin R-5 School Board of Education policies.
20. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Transportation.