Substitute Food Service Worker
Job | Posted a year ago
- Helps maintain an orderly/sanitary kitchen. Performs ancillary duties that support the effective delivery of quality food services.
- Assists with the receipt of deliveries. Follows approved food safety procedures. Verifies quantities. Reports shortages/spoiled products. Organizes, stores, dates and rotates stock as directed.
- Follows published menus. Uses standardized recipes to maintain quality control. Compiles with USDA child nutrition guidelines. Uses products carefully to reduce waste. Records food usage on production records. Works with staff to address the needs of students with dietary restrictions.
- Requests timely replacement of supplies to avoid work interruptions.
- Compiles with health and food safety regulations (e.g., hazard analysis of critical control points, portion size, sanitation procedures, temperature controls, etc.).
- Sets up serving lines. Gives attention to the attractive presentation of food. Replenishes food to maintain an orderly flow of customers. Provides substitute menu items as needed.
- Operates the point-of-sale (POS) system. Follows district guidelines for student accounts/charges. Ensures money is exchanged correctly and cash is not left unattended.
- Protects the privacy of free and reduced-price meal information.
- Prepares accurate records. Submits required paperwork on time. Operates the dishwasher. Verifies sanitization cycles are completed properly.
- Cleans/sanitizes work surfaces, equipment, serving lines, kitchen floors, dining tables, etc.
- Follows established sanitization procedures to properly clean items that require hand washing.
- Ensures leftover food, supplies and equipment are stored properly.
- Helps prepare for health/safety inspections. Learns how to operate fire/safety equipment.
- Promptly reports work-related injuries to a supervisor.
- Assists with district special events and non-school use of food service facilities as directed.
- Protects district property. Implements procedures to prevent the loss of supplies/equipment.
- Fosters goodwill to enhance the district's public image.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
- Contributes to an effective working environment. Performs all aspects of the job.
- Functions as part of a cohesive team. Develops mutually respectful relationships with co-workers.
- Keeps an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Wears work attire appropriate for the position.
- Respects privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Works effectively with minimal supervision. Performs tasks efficiently to meet deadlines.
- High school diploma or GED. Work skills verified by training and/or work experience.
- Consistently performs accurate math calculations.
- Displays flexibility, reliability, self-discipline and a willingness to take on challenging tasks.
- Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts responsibility for personal decisions/conduct.
- Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Duties require lifting/moving materials weighing up to twenty-five pounds, operating commercial kitchen equipment and performing repetitive tasks.
- Fast-paced, team oriented climate in public school serving students from ages 5 to adult.
420 Washington Ave , Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
At the following locations
Tallmadge City Schools
486 East Avenue , Tallmadge, OH 44278
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294