2nd Shift Lead Custodian
NORTH WEST HENDRICKS SCHOOL CORPORATION
LEAD CUSTODIANPURPOSE: To supervise the custodial staff and ensure District buildings and facilities are maintained in healthy, safe, and sanitary manner.
1. Assumes custodial responsibilities.
2. Supervises and provides input on evaluations for all custodial staff.
3. Coordinates the assignment, scheduling, and training of members of the custodial staff.
4. Plans and oversees all maintenance and repair work, maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency.
5. Monitors the time records of all custodial employees in the school.
6. Coordinates schedule for snow removal and emergency response.
7. Maintains an inventory and recommends purchase of suitable supplies, tools, and equipment.
8. Communicates supply needs and substitute custodial services with Custodial Services Manager.
9. Initiates work orders addressing the needs of the building.
10. Confers with the principal or the assistant principal regarding the performance of the custodial staff on a regular basis.
11. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the Superintendent or his or her designee may assign.
1. Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper use of tools and power equipment used in the performance of duties.
2. Wears appropriate safety gear, including masks.
3. Must comply with school district's chemical hygiene program and follow MSDS sheets.
High School Diploma or completion of sufficient education to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Previous experience in building and cleaning maintenance desirable.