LTS Vision Teacher (2)
A vacancy for a Long-Term Substitute Vision Support Teacher exists within the Division of Student Services of the Chester County Intermediate Unit. This position will include duties associated with serving preschool and school age students through age 21 with children who are blind or visually impaired and are served by the CCIU.
- Minimum of a bachelor-level degree in education, required
- PDE certification Orientation and Mobility Instructor and/or Visually Impaired required
- Certification/training as Orientation Mobility Instructor preferred
- Current police, child abuse, & FBI fingerprint clearances
- Clearance as an MA provider by the Commonwealth of PA and federal government (conducted upon CCIU hire)
- To provide Vision support to visually impaired students to include Preschool and School Age students, newly referred to the program by districts and pre-school special education
- Conduct assessments and determine eligibilty for services and develop plan
- Participate in the multidisciplinary team to develop IEP's and other similar documents
- Assure that the student has all educational materials in the appropriate media
- Interpret implications of Visual Impairment to all members of the school community
$50,979 to $83,137 - Instr. 1 Cert.; $53,254 to $86,512 - Instr. II Cert.; $56,724 to $94,579 -Master's Degree.;
$59,238 to $98,348 Masters + 15.; $60,554 to $100,152 - Master's + 30
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.