Water Safety Instructor; Part-Time Position; 12 months per year
Job | Posted 2 years ago
Education Products and Services
Teach students life-saving skills in and around aquatic environments.
- Greet families as they arrive to the pool.
- Demonstrate skills to be performed, such as floats, glides, strokes, etc.
- Fill out cards for students to inform them of pass/ fail status.
- Help get equipment ready for classes/clean up after class.
- Keep the facility clean, including pool, pool area, and locker rooms.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as needed.
- 16 years of age or older
- Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification (must be kept updated and submitted annually)
- Comfort in water
- Desire to work with kids
- Ability to do basic skills in water
- Concussion training required (online, provided by employer), CPR/ AED and First Aid training recommended.
- Know and understand the Red Cross Swimming Lessons Program (skills taught in each level, and the requirements to pass the class).
- Summers offer morning, afternoon, evening and Sunday shifts.
- School year offers afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
Elk River Public School District
District Office 327 King Avenue, Elk River, MN 55330
At the following locations
1170 Main Street Northwest , Elk River, MN 55330
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200