UPK Student Aide
WEBSTER CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
119 SOUTH AVENUE, WEBSTER, NY 14580
(585) 216-0010 website: www.websterschools.org
Position Title: UPK Student Aide
Location: Klem Road North and Schlegel Road Elementary Schools
Starting Date: ASAP
- Works well with elementary students and staff
- Assist with building tasks, i.e. copying, supervision of students in cafeteria, clerical work in library and main office, other duties as assigned by administration
- Experience with primary age children preferred
Salary: As per current Webster Educational Support Association Agreement. (E.S.A.)
Application Procedure Please visit our website apply by October 10, 2018
Correspond With: Mr. David Swinson
Assistant Superintendent for Administration and Human Resources
Webster Central Schools
119 South Avenue
Webster, New York 14580
SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Webster Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
WEBSTER CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Student Aide assists in the promotion of a positive learning environment under the direction of a certified teacher.
The Student Aide is directly responsible to the building principal or his/her designee. Those aides who are working in special education will also be supervised by a district administrator.
- High school graduate or equivalency.
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Communicates and works well with students (general and special education), teachers, parents, co-workers and others in the community.
- Communicates with the teacher regarding student progress according to procedures established by the teacher and/or case manager.
- Reads and implements student behavior plan/504/IEP accommodations in accordance with regulations.
- Assists in providing adult supervision of individual or small groups during instructional activities.
- Assists in the preparation of instructional materials.
- Assists in clerical tasks related to instructional tasks.
- Collects and records data as directed by teacher or administrator.
- Assists with the supervision of student(s) in school-related activities outside the classroom.
- Attends building and district meetings/workshops as required by the building principal or district administrator.
- Case managers and/or classroom teachers are the contact person for families. Any inquiries from families should be directed to them.
- Assists teachers and administrators in disciplinary situations and provides escort for students in need of support following individual student plan expectations if they have one.
- Assists students with physical care tasks and health-related activities as appropriate. Examples could include: feeding, dressing, transfers between equipment, and toileting
- Performs such other position-related duties assigned by the building principal or district administrator.
- Specific and timely job training will be provided by the school district.
_____________________ ________ ______________________ ________Employee Signature Date Assistant Superintendent of HR Date