An employee in this position will provide support to teachers in the instruction of students. A wide variety of tasks are performed to support the teacher in the teaching-learning process for students. Professional staff will assign duties as appropriate with the teaching and learning process in a school setting.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills in relating to students and adults
• Assists the teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment and in assuring the wellbeing and safety of the children in his/her care.
• Takes care of the student’s personal/self-care needs as needed
• Exhibits a genuine nurturing, caring attitude to all children.
• Assist the teacher with planning and organizing, evaluating instructional activities, developing classroom procedures and preparing necessary materials.
• Monitors work assigned by teacher.
• Supervises students in the classroom and other locations.
• Reports discipline problems to teacher or principal.
• Performs any other task deemed necessary by the teacher and/or Principal
Training and Experience
• Associate Degree required or 60 semester hours
• No prior experience required