Educational Assistant for Aventuras - After School Care
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a part time position from 3:00 pm to 6:15 daily Monday through Friday
* Carrying out all responsibilities associated with elementary immersion after school care.
* Assist students in diverse activities ex: Homework help, art and craft activities, computer time, organized games out and in doors
* Work with small groups or individual students
* Assist teacher as needed
* Participate in in-service program planning and staff development activities.
* Participate in immersion and the International Baccalaureate Organization Primary Years Programme training programs.
* General supervision during out door time, snack time etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Native or near native proficiency in the Spanish language is needed.
* Functional proficiency in English is required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
*Ability to relate positively to primary-age children.
* Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the full immersion teaching philosophy.
* Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the International Baccalaureate Organization Primary Years Programme.
* Excellent proven communication skills (non-verbal, oral, written, and listening.)
* Good organizational skills and flexibility in relating to students, parents, peers, and supervisors.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment through cooperation and participation.
* In-depth knowledge of a Hispanic culture.
* Ability to understand that students are individuals, and the skill to work effectively with individual strengths and needs of students.
* Knowledge and ability to creatively instill the love of learning in students.
* Creatively strive to make connections with parents, other classes, community and beyond.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Must be able to appropriately and patiently work well with elementary-age children in and outside of the classroom.
This position requires the incumbent to work mainly in flexible setting as well as supervise recess.
This position also requires other duties and responsibilities as needed that may not be included in this job description.
This position follows the school calendar and attendance is required only when students are present at school.
Deadline: Position open until filled.