JobID 1528 : 6th Grade Teacher-DLAMMS (#1125235)
LEARN's Dual Language & Arts Magnet Middle School has an immediate opening for a 6th Grade Teacher. CT teaching certification required, experience working with middle/high school aged students preferred. This is a full time teaching position for the 2019-20 school year. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.learn.k12.ct.us. Please include a letter of interest, resume, proof of certification, three recent letters of recommendation and transcripts. This position will remain open until a qualified candidate accepts an offer of employment. EOE.
General Scope of Responsibilities
A teacher is responsible for the education of his/her students.
• Teach each student through planning and individualizing instruction to meet student needs.
• Meet professional responsibilities listed in the Connecticut Teacher Competencies.
• Plan a variety of appropriate individual and group activities in order to accommodate various learning styles.
• Work cooperatively with staff, parents, colleagues, and administrators.
• Follow accepted curriculum guidelines and utilize recommended curriculum resources.
• Follow an accepted model of dual language instruction.
• Encourage students to work to the best of their abilities and to take pride in their achievements.
• Create an atmosphere conducive to the development of confidence and respect for teachers and students.
• Establish criteria for and inform students of the basis of assessment.
• Promote self-awareness, self-respect, appropriate behavior and responsibility.
• Provide a stimulating environment in which students learn and interact.
• Assess and evaluate student learning on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain professional attitude in working with others.
• Effectively manage student behavior.
• Participate in and contribute to school programs, projects and professional activities.
• Follow guidelines with regard to recordkeeping, documentation, and reporting.
• Communicate pertinent information related to self, student, program and agency.
• Serve as a peer evaluator as outlined in the Teacher Evaluation Plan.
• Model appropriate social skills and behavior.
• Foster self-worth and independence in students.
• Supervise and monitor teacher assistants and other persons assigned to the classroom.
• Support program and agency goals.
• Act as case coordinator for one or more special needs students as necessary.
• Lift/restrain students when necessary.
• Perform other duties associated with the teaching position.
Desirable Experience and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree and certification in appropriate area of instruction.