JobID 1321 : Bus Rider / Driver (#1120736)
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our team for the 2019-20 school year. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person's intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one's higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools and community benefit all.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: www.bccs286.org
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits
Hours: 6:30-8:00 and 2:30-4:00
Duty Days: Student contact days plus additional training days
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the bus can be operated safely before driving and conducts pre-trip safety inspections as required by federal and state laws to include observing visual defects and checking operating systems.
- Operates the vehicle safely over an assigned route, picking up and delivering only authorized students at assigned bus stops, and watches to ensure that no one hurrying for the bus is left behind.
- Keeps assigned time schedules and makes every effort to be on time while ensuring safety.
- Obeys all traffic laws and transportation practices.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses and keeps all emergency exits clear of obstructions.
- Secures wheelchairs, car seats, and other restraining devices on the bus as needed.
- Maintains student discipline on the bus and enforces rules governing student conduct.
- Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority and compiles written reports as requested.
- Conducts semi-annual bus evacuation drills as required by the Department of Education and implements evacuations as required in an emergency to include safely exiting from the rear of the school bus.
- Reports all accidents immediately
- Notifies the proper authority in cases of mechanical failure, safety deficiencies, when off schedule, or other incidents.
- Regulates heating, cooling, and ventilating equipment provided on the bus for the comfort of passengers.
- Exercises responsible leadership and appropriate behavior, treating all students, staff and families with respect.
- Returns the bus to the assigned space, performs a final inspection, and secures the bus according to procedures.
- Participates in all required training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with school bus endorsement, passenger endorsement, and air brake restrictions must be able to be obtained within 12 months.
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.