JobID 775 : Instructional Assistant - Early Childhood Development (#1110273)
FAMILY SUPPORT CENTER
A grant-funded position which is responsible for assisting in promoting early childhood development and parent services for the purpose of promoting school readiness within the framework of the overall philosophy of Family Support.
This is a part time teaching position for a grant funded program working with small groups of children ages 2-3 and their parents. Great opportunity for students, beginning teachers or retired teachers
1. Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development preferred. Minimum to hire: High school diploma/GED with a 90 hour Child Care Certificate* or Infant-Toddler CDA acceptable
2. Minimum of one (1) year supervised classroom experience with children birth to age three (3).
3. Understand and be committed to the overall philosophy of family support
4. Maintain respect for confidentiality of information divulged by or on behalf of participants
5. Possess the ability to relate to people of diverse educational, cultural and economic backgrounds
6. Be willing and able to do aggressive outreach and recruitment
7. Model appropriate interaction with young children and parents
8. Have the ability to work independently and as a team member
9. Physically able to complete the duties of the position that include but are not limited to lifting up to 50 pounds
and getting up and down off the floor
*Please visit www.cccrc.org for more information on the Chesapeake College Child Care Resource Center and the programs offered toward the 90 hours.
1. Assists with the care, health, safety and well-being of all the children with direction from the Child
2. Assists with the implementation of a developmentally appropriate program for infants and toddlers
3. Provides informal parenting education and modeling to participants in the Family Support Center
4. Provides support and education to parents in a positive & non-judgmental manner
5. Attends trainings required by QACPS and the Maryland Family Network in the areas including but not limited
to child development, children at risk and special needs.
6. Performs any other duties as necessary for successful outcomes of the Center’s mission
Pay and Hours:
This is a grant funded hourly position. $11.00 per hour (no benefits)
Work hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 2:30pm with a 30- minute break. Flexibility in the afternoons and Friday. Maximum 29 hours a week.
Those who are interested in this position, please fill out an Internal application at hr.qacps.org. Please upload a current resume as part of your internal application.
Submit an External application at hr.qacps.org. Along with your application, please upload a letter of interest, resume, three letters of recommendation, and any additional supporting documents.
In accordance with state and federal laws, and the policies of the Board of Education, QACPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, disability, genetics, ancestry/national origin, marital status, sex or sexual orientation in matters affecting employment or in providing educational programs and service, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. QACPS operates equal opportunity and affirmative action programs for students and staff. The Board of Education of Queen Anne’s County Public Schools is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employee inquiries or complaints regarding discrimination or Title IX issues such as gender equity and sexual harassment should be directed to the Director of Human Resources at 410-758-2403 ext. 176. Student or parent inquiries or complaints regarding discrimination or Title IX issues such as gender equity and sexual harassment should be directed to the Director of Student Services at 410-758-2403 ext. 154. Inquiries regarding ADA and Section 504 should be directed to the Supervisor of Special Education at 410-758-2403 ext. 131. Inquiries regarding Title II should be directed to the Director of Human Resources at 410-758-2403 ext. 176. Inquiries may also be addressed in writing to the appropriate office at Queen Anne’s County Public Schools, 202 Chesterfield Ave, Centreville, Maryland 21617.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
1-800-669-6820 (TTY for Deaf/Hard of Hearing callers only)
1-844-234-5122 (ASL Video Phone for Deaf/Hard of Hearing callers only)
Maryland Commission on Civil Rights (MCCR)
410.767.8600 (Español-marque el 2)
Maryland Relay 7-1-1
U.S. Department of Education (OCR)
Office for Civil Rights
400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202
Fax: 202-453-6012; TDD: 800-877-8339
Board of Education contact information can be found on the QACPS website.