Compass-Related Arts (Non Certified Teacher)
COMPASS is the acronym for Connecting our Multiple Perspective Across School and Society. This person would teach first through sixth grades.
The vision of the COMPASS course is multifold, including the following factors:
- To develop within each student, and throughout the student body as a whole, a sense of the school’s international culture
- To create open-mindedness and help students develop cultural competency
- To facilitate courageous conversations and cross-cultural experiences
- To aid students in developing an understanding of how the world works, their place in the world, and how to affect positive change in their world
- To connect and enhance each grade level’s tenant and area of focus, providing opportunities for familial involvement, service learning, and community partnerships.
International Studies and/or Cultural Competency experience is preferred.
Position requirements: Certification as a "highly qualified" instructional assistant.
To be offered the position, the employee must present one of the following credentials:
- Provide original transcripts and/or university degree proving two years of credit earned at an accredited college or university (60 credit hours or more).