JobID 1607 : Substitute Teacher Blind/VI - 1607 Tucson (#1090250)
Job | Posted 5 months ago
|SUBSTITUTE TEACHER BLIND/VI|
• Good organization and communication skills.
• Knowledge of essential skills of effective instruction.
• Knowledge of child growth and development.
Level II: Persons with a Bachelor’s or higher degree and a current Arizona teaching or sub teaching certificate.
Level III: Persons with a Bachelor’s or higher degree, current state Arizona teaching or sub teaching certificate, and a national certificate or training in the education of the visually impaired, hearing impaired, or multiply disabled severely sensory impaired.
• Implement plans prepared by teacher and evaluate instruction consistent with the individual needs of assigned students to include integration opportunities.
• Maintain effective parent contacts and communicate effectively with students, staff, and the public.
• Adhere to the philosophy and policies of the agency.
• Develop and maintain accurate records/reports to document student performance.
• Use classroom management techniques which result in student progress toward stated objectives.
• Ensure safety of students.
• Carry out other related duties as assigned.
• Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
• Long term assignments will include planning work
• Some positions require expressive and receptive sign language skills.
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Arizona State School For The Deaf And Blind
1200 W. Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85745
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143