Job | Posted 2 years ago
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completion of two years of study (48 credits) at an institution of higher education or Associates Degree or higher; alternative background, education and experience may be possible.
- Experience with children and adolescents in an educational setting;
- Must have ability to instruct students in mathematics, reading, science, social studies, art, and/or related subjects;
- Some assignments include assisting students with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities;
- Must be able to physically manage students, kneel, sit on floor, lift up to 40 pounds, and provide personal care;
- Must possess knowledge of educational and instructional techniques;
- Knowledge of child and adolescent behavior and developmental patterns, and knowledge of and ability to use data processing, media and audio-visual equipment;
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision, adapt to the classroom environment, complete record keeping and clerical skills, complete instructional assignments, maintain classroom decorum and discipline, complete oral and written reports, and establish and maintain effective relationships with students, teachers, specialists, administrators and parents.
Specific Core Function: Paraprofessionals are assigned throughout the Manchester School District, from pre-school to high school levels, including pre-vocational and vocational levels. The majority of assignments include assisting students with disabilities and assisting in self-care of students. Some Paraprofessionals are assigned to work in vocational settings. The nature of the work requires that the employee establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and other employees. This job entails keeping the student on track in the classroom. There will be times where you might need to support this student emotionally, and taking breaks within the classroom and the school.
Working Conditions: Work day is typically 6 hours per day, typically 30 hours per week when school is in session
Application Procedure: Apply Online. Candidate must upload college transcripts and 3 letters of reference with hand-written signatures dated within one year.
Compensation: $11.77 per hour plus comprehensive benefit package
Manchester School District - SAU 37 New Hampshire
286 Commercial St. , Manchester, NH 03101
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,146
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.35
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 104