JobID 306 : Cafeteria Worker (#1083086)
Job | Posted 5 months ago
PART TIME -SCHOOL CAFETERIA WORKER
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Be energetic, personable, and courteous with all clientele in and about the school;
- Possess demonstrated experience working in the food service industry;
- Willingness to work as part of a positive member of a team
- Under regular supervision, preparing, cooking, serving and assist in accounting for nutritious meals to student and staff
- Follow established guidelines, procedures, standards and regulations of the District, the National School Lunch/Breakfast Program and Department of Public Health
- Assisting with procuring foods and related supplies and maintain inventory
- Prepare and/or review bank deposits and other financial records
- Operate a variety of kitchen and office equipment
- Requires High School diploma, GED, or specialized training and experience in institutional food service.
- Hold State of Connecticut Sanitation Certification and/or ServSafe credentials
- Must be able to read, add, subtract, multiply, divide, make change, determine time and weight.
- Stay on feet for long periods of time, work in extreme temperatures(kitchen heat, freezer cold) and life and/and or carry cartons, pots or related material weighing 25-50 pounds
- Possess basic computer skills
|All applicants must complete an electronic application via Applitrack: www.westbrookctschools.org. Please be sure to attach a detailed cover letter along with a resume, a copy of your State of Connecticut Sanitation Certification and /or ServSafe credentials, transcripts and three letters of recommendation. Paper and emailed applications and documents will not be accepted.
The Westbrook Board of Education does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or leaning disability) genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal non discrimination laws. The Connecticut State Department of Education does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and licensing against qualified persons with a prior criminal conviction.
Application deadline: Until filled.
Westbrook School District
105 GOODSPEED DRIVE, WESTBROOK, CT 06498-1997
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,481 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 479