Creative Marketing Specialist
The Creative Marketing Specialist is responsible for effectively and creatively delivering strong and effective marketing campaigns that will increase the public awareness of programs and initiatives from the City of Hutto to residents and businesses. The Creative Marketing Specialist should be a competent professional able to grasp consumer behavior trends and generate creative ideas. Well-versed in up-to-date marketing concepts, social media integration, principles and tactics.
- Works closely with the Communication Director and departments and City staff to maintain graphic information on social media for the City’s (and associated organizations) website, all blog platforms and administrator to all City of Hutto and associated organization’s social media accounts (such as Facebook and Twitter), ensuring that all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Develop ideas, create strategies, and execute plans for creative marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate with external vendors and consultants to execute campaigns, projects, and events.
- Create, maintain and coordinate the distribution of marketing collateral and promotional inventory.
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape lead generation tactics and future marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop initiatives for increasing our reach, increasing brand awareness and implementing marketing programs for events and services to constituents.
- Assist team with preparations, presentations and proposals.
- Assists other departments’ special events planning and coordination, and other related media activity.
- Prepares display advertisements, programs marketing materials, flyers, schedules of events, pamphlets and brochures; manages production and distribution of published materials.
- Coordinates with City leadership at community functions, community meetings, civic organizations, and governmental groups; prepares and presents presentations and education programs.
- Contributes to comprehensive communication strategies for public and internal communication and education utilizing a variety of methods, including designs for blogs, press releases, social media, television, public education channel, etc.
- Attends conferences, trainings, and other meetings to stay current with successful practices in public information and learn new skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field, and/or media setting required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Sales, Public Relations or a related field preferred
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Must be proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign,
- Photography and videography production experience, with an understanding of lighting.
- Experience working on multiple media platforms such as digital, print, video and social media
- Experience with website design, Audio and video editing