This position is for substituting in a variety of classified positions (Secretary, Para, and Library Para) as needed. See attached job description.
In addition to filling out the appliation a current physical and TB Test must be brought to Central Office. Ask for Lucy. There is no set amount of hours for this position. It is as needed basis.
- Performs all duties for the absent staff as required by the building principal.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Reports any unusual occurrence or event to the principal or the designated representative immediately.
- Implements all rules and regulations, policies and administrative guidelines as adopted by the Board of Education.
- Maintains a professional appearance as an example for students.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is some opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting up to 50 lbs, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. There will be sitting, walking, and standing. The degree of how much of each depends on the position. The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment and in a clean atmosphere. Must be able to work in noisy and sometimes crowed environments. There may be occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue; occasional interaction among unruly children.
Reports To The building principal, or school secretary, upon arrival at the school
Education Complete 48 hours at an institution of higher education, or
Obtain an associate’s, or higher, degree, or
Pass a State approved assessment
Terms School term. Salary will vary based on position substituting for
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
For further information contact Lucy Brown at email@example.com or 316-776-3300.