AVID Tutor (multiple positions available)
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better school system and better results for all students. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Tutor - AVID (multiple positions available)
Rate of pay:
$12.00 - 14.00 per hour
Henry Sibley High School: T/TH - 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friendly Hills Middle School: T/TH - 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Heritage Middle School: T/TH - 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
*Some positions will be distance (virtual) tutoring.
The AVID tutor facilitates the student collaborative process during tutorials in the AVID elective class. They provide on-site support for one to one student interaction and assisting elective teachers with binder checks.
Line of Supervision:
Reports to the Equity Specialist/Assistant Superintendent
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Post Secondary educational experience
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists students in the successful completion of high school and college eligibility requirements.
- Provides academic support for students in rigorous courses.
- Assists students in maintaining their AVID binders (with calendar, assignment sheets, tutorial request forms).
- Actively participates in collaborative groups and tutorials.
- Participate and successfully complete 16 hours of paid AVID tutor training.
- Participate in AVID field trips and motivational activities (when possible).
- Facilitate the tutorial learning process and implement AVID methodologies.
- Adhere to district/site policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by elective teacher.
To be considered for this position, please apply on-line at: http://www.applitrack.com/isd197/onlineapp/default.aspx
Positions will remain open until filled.