Catering/Event Planner (Per Diem Conference Center Event Staff - Continuous Recruitment)
Continuous Recruitment for per diem positions.
The position will perform the following duties which are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive:
- Maintain focus on customer service and insuring a positive experience for clients
- Operate or assist with the operation, connection, and adjustment of microphones, lights, computer projection systems, sound systems, screens, and various other multimedia, audiovisual and lighting equipment during events
- Maintain equipment in good working order or report equipment malfunctions
- Monitor the venue and surrounding area for cleanliness, temperature control, and other issues related to the facility
- Work with Security, Maintenance, Food Service and other departments during events to meet clients’ needs and provide the necessary services for events and activities
- Work with the Coordinator, Audio Visual Services to prepare for activities and insure that venues and equipment correspond to clients’ contractual agreements
- Set up and/or break down all catering for events as needed
- Assist in room set up / break down as needed
- Other related duties as assigned/required
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions/Skills Required include:
- Strong customer-service background
- High school diploma or GED
- Lift/carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at:
https://www.applitrack.com/eastconn/onlineapp/default.aspx and follow the on-screen instructions.