Anticipated Middle School Science Teacher
Position Title: Middle School Science Teacher, Full-Time
Brief Job Description: Harrison School District 36 is seeking a full-time Middle School Science Teacher. District 36 is committed to working with smaller groups of students and teams of teachers. Knowledge in student-centered methods, such as problem-based learning and project-based learning is helpful in working with our highly effective teaching staff. Knowledge of NGSS, and alignment of curriculum to those standards is required.
- Successful teaching experience desired, but not necessary;
- Valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL);
- Middle School Endorsement;
- Science Endorsement;
- Health Education Endorsement preferred, but not necessary
- Be well versed in the academic, social and emotional needs of students;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to be an effective member of a team;
- Have high energy and a willingness to devote the time required to be successful with high needs students;
- Be collaborative and collegial;
- Commitment to data-based decision making and continuous improvement.
Date Position(s) Available: 2020-2021 School Year
Salary: Based on Harrison Teachers’ Association Collective Bargaining Agreement
Application Process: Apply through Applitrack only, do not send email or paper applications to Harrison School or to personnel at the school. We screen all candidates through Applitrack.