OCSAC - One on One Music Instructor
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION – 1021.054
JOB DESCRIPTION: INDIVIDUAL LESSON MUSIC INSTRUCTOR
- Pursuing or holding a Bachelor’s degree in Music Performance or Music Education preferred.
- Proficiency on focus-area instrument.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Requires a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to teach students of differing levels.
- Must be able to work independently.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB GOAL: The Individual Lesson Music Instructor will teach weekly private lessons in stringed instruments, piano, voice, clarinet, guitar, electric guitar, bass, mandolin, ukulele, or drums.
- Conducting individual student lessons, including: beginning promptly, differentiating instruction throughout each lesson, and ending promptly.
- Teaching beginning techniques on the instrument of focus.
- Creating and monitoring instructional goals and outcomes.
- Creating, sequencing, and implementing instruction tailored to fit students’ instructional needs.
- Selecting and sequencing repertoire that is appropriate for students’ needs and that supports instructional goals and outcomes.
- Monitoring student progress.
- Scheduling annual concerts.
- Tracking student attendance.
- Communicating with parents and guardians, as well as with other school personnel.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be based on the board-approved Oldham County Schools Arts Center salary schedule.
Adopted: July 23, 2018