JobID 353 : Reading Coach (#1051510)
Responsible for push-in and pull out support in planning instruction and/or adaptation of the instructional program using the Response to Intervention (RtI) model to facilitate student learning in accordance with district policies and state guidelines. Design and implement specific strategies designed to promote intellectual and social growth in all identified intervention students. Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of specific RtI strategies and interventions in order to refine Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 levels of support. Supports the instructional programs with regular and special education teachers.
Reports to: Building Principal and the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
Direct Supervisor: Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement a collaborative coaching and learning approach.
- Plan/provide orientations and ongoing training of staff in areas pertinent to RtI
- Assist teachers, in a collaborative model of observation, conversation, and lesson demonstration, to analyze and reflect on their practice to promote quality instructional practices.
- Model effective, differentiated instruction.
- Provide individualized, classroom-based coaching with participants to support them in implementing research-based instructional practices.
- Facilitate professional collaborative groups among teachers in which issues related to implementing effective content instruction are considered, current research and writing on effective practice is read and discussed, engaging lessons are planned, and student work and data are reviewed to inform instruction.
- Provide comprehensive/balanced training in and across given subject areas and curriculum areas.
- Participate fully in professional development for coaches, including peer observations, professional research and reading, and inquiry sessions.
- Assist teachers in aligning their teaching with appropriate standards, curriculum and assessments.
- Work collaboratively and collegially with other Instructional Coaches, Building/District Administrators
- Attend workshops and conferences as necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the job
- Inform staff of workshops/conferences around RtI
- Work to identify at-risk students
- Plan, develop, advise and coordinate the district’s RtI program
- Aggregate and analyze data
- Have planned data conversations with teachers, principals and district administration using district and state