OCSAC - Art Class Instructor
Job | Posted 2 years ago
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION – 1021.063
JOB DESCRIPTION: ART INSTRUCTOR
- B.F.A or B.Ed. preferred.
- Experience teaching visual arts.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
- Must have the ability to manage shifting and competing priorities.
- Capable of exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Flexible schedule preferred.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and according to schedule
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a positive work atmosphere
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB GOAL: The Art Instructor will direct an individualized course designed to prepare students for the workshops and auditions held by the Kentucky Governor’s School for the Arts, district Advanced Placement and Gifted & Talented interviews, college admissions, and regional art competitions.
- Teach art courses throughout the academic year and during summer camps.
- Create and implement a curriculum for each course.
- Organize and clean the studio to keep tools, clay and work space at peak performance.
- Plan art shows for students and parents in the studio at the end of each course or summer camp.
- Model professional behavior in the studio that encourages teamwork, centered on community studio space for adult students, and creative opportunity for younger students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be based on the board-approved Oldham County Schools Arts Center salary schedule.
Adopted: July 23, 2018
Oldham County Schools
6165 West Highway 146 , Crestwood, KY 40014
At the following locations
Oldham County Arts Center
7105 Floydsburg Road , Crestwood, KY 40014
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,394
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 525