JobID 354 : Title 1 College Acess & K-5 Student Success (#1045826)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
LEAP Academy University Charter School is seeking a Title 1 College Acess & K-5 Student Success that will assist the Director of College Access & Student Success in the supervision and coordination of the K-5 educational program within the school to ensrue that every student is provided with the necessary academic support to achieve and advising to aspire global citizenry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor Student Academic Achievement
- Within individualized and group guidance, assist students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the use of teacher comments, interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other pertinent information, and assist them in developing educational and career plans;
- Assists in student record maintenance and individual achievement plans; ensuring confidentiality;
- Partner with teachers and students in course selection and scheduling, ensuring that students are enrolled in course sequences that meet graduation and college admission requirements;
- Schedule parent education programs engaging parents as part of the academic and emotional transition of students;
- Provide guidance services in coordinating process for course/subject selections, working to resolve students’ educational handicaps, discover and develop special abilities of students, and preventing students from dropping out of school;
- Participate in various school-wide committees, including: Discipline Committee, Curriculum Committee Hispanic Heritage Month Committee, and Black History Month Committee.
- Identify external program opportunities for students, and secures student participation (i.e. Hispanic Leadership Program, Alice Paul Leadership Program, Future Scholars, etc.)
Program Development and Coordination
- Oversee the activities of various students’ leadership groups and the Junior Honor Societies, including selection of students, induction, activities of inductees.
- Refer students to appropriate tutoring and supplemental instruction services and monitor participation.
- In coordination with LEAP instructional personnel, develop a year-long program schedule of extra-curricular and co-curricular programs for students in grades K-5 including tutoring programs, Student Government, Student Ambassador Coordination, coordination of Academic Assemblies and Graduation Ceremonies, college prep courses to be offered through summer school, Career Fairs, Field Trips and academic internships.
- Develop and implement academic incentives programs for students and secures external resources to finance incentives and wards, including coordinating activities to highlight student achievement.
- Establish mechanisms for engaging students, disseminate information and provide visibility for the office (i.e. pre-college journal, website, Facebook, etc.)
- Develop programmatic reports on a regular basis and prepare for submission to funders, as well as for board members and stakeholders.
- Actively seek funding opportunities to support the programs.
- Work on the preparation of funding proposals.
- Prepare programmatic reports regularly and in accordance to requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Lead Person/Chief Academic Officer or designee.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve month contracted position. Salary, hours and work year to be determined by Board in consultation with Lead Person.
EVALUATION: Annually according to state statute and rule and Board policy.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the use of Excel, Word Processing and Database software
- 2-5 years experience in providing academic support and coordinating pre-college support
- Ability to work independently or in a group, mulit-task, delefate tasks and manage subordinate employees or volunteers
- Good oral and written communication skills and professional attitude
All interested candidates should apply directly through the LEAP University Academy Charter School website in the “Work at LEAP” section: www.leapacademycharter.org/work-at-leap/
Leap Academy University Charter School (District)
130 N. Broadway, Camden, NJ 08102
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345