Golf Assistant Coach
Job | Posted a month ago
I. TITLE: Golf Assistant Coach
- Demonstrates skill and experience in the sport coached.
- Holds a valid Idaho Teaching Certificate or certified by the ASEP or NFICEP.
- Ability to work with staff, students, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
III. REPORTS TO: District Athletic Director
IV. JOB GOALS:
To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an
increased level of self-esteem.
V. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with planning regularly scheduled practice sessions and activities which are designed to maximize the skill level of the individual athlete within the confines of district and state policies and regulations.
- Assists with teaching the fundamentals of the sport and the personal characteristics required by the demands of the sport.
- Interacts with building and district administration to schedule competitive activities within the confines of district and state guidelines.
- Is responsible for the welfare and safety of athletes at practice, during competition and while teaching. This includes responsibility for students while on road trips and beyond game time (i.e. at motels, restaurants, and before and after games.) Must attend safety and legal workshops sponsored by the district, i.e. CPR, first aid.
- Cooperates with the press and other public entities to represent the program and the school district in a positive manner.
- Complies with all rules and regulations of the IHSAA, the State Board of Education and the Board of Trustees for School District 251.
- Attends appropriate meetings and serves on committees as requested by the Building Administrator and Head Coach.
- Maintains a direct line of communication with administration.
- Maintains high standards and promotes ethical conduct and confidentiality.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
VI. Terms of Employment
This is an “at will” position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with
applicable state or federal law. The “employment at will” policy cannot be changed verbally or in writing, unless the change is specifically
authorized in writing and expressly approved by the Board of Trustees of District 251.
Performance of this position will be evaluated a by the District Athletic Director in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on the
evaluation of personnel.
Jefferson County Joint SD 251
201 Idaho Avenue , Rigby, ID 83442
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,469
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.67
% IEP Students
State Average: 10%
State Average: 163