Media Assistant - Belzer Middle School
JOB TITLE: Media Assistant
REPORTS TO: Building Principal/E-Learning & Information Specialist
JOB GOAL: The library media assistant will work closely with the district library media specialist to promote the philosophy of the library media program. The library media assistant will work with students and staff to provide support to students and staff using a variety of library resources.
- Assist students and teachers with identifying resource materials for use in the classroom and or class assignments.
- Assist and supplement library instruction, under the direction of the district library media specialist
- Promote, support, and assist with organization of makerspace and other STEM initiatives
- Knowledge of young adult books preferred
- Assist and support students and staff with technology such as computers, IPads, cameras, etc.
- Promote and assist training students and staff on use of online databases
- Supervise students use of the library and computer lab
- Help determine collection needs
- Maintain online catalog
- Maintain and supervise scheduling of digital resources
- Process library materials and shelve books
- Create reports and notices
- Responsible for keeping the library media center an inviting learning space
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate well within the school and community
- Computer knowledge
- Good organizational skills