JobID 180 : Classroom Paraprofessional (#1014513)
Salary: Starts at $14.25/hr DOE
Hours: 8 hrs per day M-Th (7:30am-4:00pm)
To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, Title 1 teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing educational benefits for students. Position includes sick and vacation days. Insurance available at employee cost.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Informs certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, recess, and on field trips.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment.
- Participates in in-service training programs as approved.
- Maintains safe working environment.
- Performs other such duties/assignments as directed by the certified staff.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as given or assigned.
High school diploma desired. Experience in an educational setting preferred.
Cascade Public School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Cascade Public Schools invites applications from and will give consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to disability, race, creed, nationality, age, or sex
Final candidates will be required to complete a state and federal criminal background check paid for by the candidate. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and Board approval. The district reserves the right to withdraw all job offers based upon results of the background check.