Speech Language Pathologist
Job | Posted 2 years ago
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
- NH License as a Speech/Language Pathologist or NH Certification as a Speech Specialist
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
Specific Core Function:To identify and remediate communication problems.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Identify communication disorders by evaluating all students referred by school personnel, other disciplines and parents in accordance with school district special education policies and procedures
- Complete a comprehensive, diagnostic assessment through formal and informal evaluation of auditory processing articulation, language, fluency and voice
- To prepare a written report and share results of all assessments with parents, teachers, administrators, etc.
- Consult with teachers, parents, administrators, medical personnel, agencies and other persons concerned with the educational, social, physical, emotional and vocational needs of each student with a speech, language or hearing disability
- Serve as case manager and member of Individual Education Plan Team
- Provide remedial instruction to students individually, in small groups, or in inclusive classrooms
- Prepare and submit to parents, school personnel and other agencies the progress of students enrolled
- Maintain all necessary records
- Improve professional competence and provide, assist, and/or take part in in-service activities
Supervisory Responsibilities – Required Special Qualifications:
- As applicable paraprofessional(s) assigned
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hardcopy form.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone and related equipment.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to function within the general office environment.
Specified Length/Hours of Position:
- *This is an affiliated (MEA) position, which follows the terms of the teacher negotiated contract.
Contract Year: 181 days
Effective Date: August 31, 2018
Application Procedure: The Manchester School District uses the Applicant Tracking on-line application process. Please visit our website at www.mansd.org; under Quick Links select Employment Opportunities. Upload resume, cover letter, transcripts, and 3 signed letters of reference written within 3 months of application.
Manchester School District - SAU 37 New Hampshire
286 Commercial St. , Manchester, NH 03101
At the following locations
2021 Goffs Falls Road , Manchester, NH 03103
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,146
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.35
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 104